LEASE OF VINEYARD/ORCHARD
Here are some terms to think about for a vineyard or orchard lease agreement:
- Legal description of property
- Term of Agreement
- Options to Renew Lease
- Right of First Refusal for Tenant
- Payment of Installation/Planting Costs
- Rent (more…)
GRAPE SUPPLY AND PURCHASE AGREEMENTS
Here are some terms to think about for grape supply and purchase agreements:
- Length of agreement – set years? Evergreen? Commencement date?
- Price – By ton? By acre? Fixed price or price schedule? Yearly adjustments in price?
- Review of Price – Any bonuses?
- Timing of Payments – Annually? Payments throughout year? (more…)
INTESTACY – Do I Really Need A Will?
The simple answer is YES! Your will gives you some control over what will happen to the things that you own upon your death. You can make sure that the things that you own will go to the people you want to have them.
Your will is a legal document that leaves instructions about what you want done with everything you own at your death. Everything that you own at your death is called your estate.
If you die without a will, there is legislation that sets out who will get your estate. You will have died intestate. If you die with a will that does not fully dispose of your estate, you have died partially intestate. The law that governs what happens to your estate on intestacy is called the Estate Administration Act (BC). (**Separate rules apply for First Nation persons under the Indian Act).